One of the major airport gateways for private jet passengers flying into and from the French Riviera area. Mainly used for private or business trips, no scheduled airlines use the airport.
The airport was completed on its current site in 1930 by private individuals. Then, in 1937, it became a government airport, managed by the Air Secretariat. At that time, since it was the only airport for the whole of the Côte d'Azur, Air France flights landed at Cannes.
More Cannes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Cannes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!