Marseille is the largest and most conveniently situated airport for the South Coast of France; there are also good transport links to the Cote d'Azur, Provence and the rest of France and mainland Europe. Marseille Provence has 2 terminals - MP1 & MP2 which is the new low cost terminal.
- Airport Code: MRS
- Distance from Marseille city centre: 15km
- Number of terminals: 2
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€) are accepted in shops, restaurants and car parks. If another currency is accepted then change will be given in Euro's.
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: There are numerous parking facilities at Marseille Airport, including reserved parking, long duration, regular daily rates and 'Depose minute' (drop off).
- Car Hire: Further details of car hire companies can be found in our Car Hire Page.
- Travelling to Cannes: The most common methods of getting from Marseille Airport to Cannes are by train, bus or hire car.
- Railway Station: There are 63 trains daily to and from the airport, with 32 cities served with direct trains and many more connections via the main train station in Marseille. Find out more about train services here.
- Airlines: A range of international airlines such as easyJet, British Airways, Lufthansa, Etihad and Air France fly in and out of Marseille daily. Find a flight here.
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: There are 14 separate cafes & restaurants including several Starbucks outlets, a Burger King, many fastfood outlets and a speciality Provencal style restaurant. Mostly they will be found in Hall 1, but food & drink facilities are available in each Hall.
- Shops: The airport shops are split between Arrivals and Departures. They include the usual range of duty free and gift shops as well as perfumes, confection and speciality shops for the Provence region and Football. Generally speaking they are open between 07:00 and 20:30 365 days a year.
- Business Centre: Contains all the services to meet your business needs. Ideally situated in the heart of Hall 4, it has work areas both communal and private, plus meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 30 people. A VIP lounge is also available for those special guests and meetings, plus a range of refreshment options.
- Internet Access: Located Arrivals Hall 1, the Business Centre and Cezanne lounge - 3 computers managed by information office nearby. (Payment by visa card for 4 euros 50 minimum for 1 hour). Wireless Orange connections are available in boarding lounges of Hall 1, 3 & 4..
- Smokers: Smoking is prohibited inside all airport buildings.
- Cash & Currency: There is a branch of the Credit Mutuel bank inside the passenger terminal. There are also ATM machines located in Hall 1 (International Arrivals), Hall 3 (Domestic Arrivals) and Hall 4 ( Domestic Departures). Foreign currency exchange is avilable from the Travelex in Hall 1 in both departures and arrivals areas on the ground level. Open between 06:30 and 20:30.
- Sick Bay: The sick bay provides physical / psychological first aid for both passengers and staff. They can be contacted on +33 4 42 14 24 24. They are located in Hall 4 on the ground floor.
Luggage / Animals
- Luggage Protection: Safe Bag - baggage security service at the airport that gives you 3 services in 1
- Protect your luggage from damage, rain, theft and accidental opening using a 100% recyclable ultra-resistant plastic film.
- Tracks your luggage with the Safe Bag Code associated to your suitcase and helps you to quickly locate your luggage even before the airline company.
- Refunds up to 3000€ in case of total loss and up to 800€ in case of damage or partial theft.
Cost is €10 per item. Safe Bag is opened 7 days 7 from 05:00 to 20:00 and is located on the ground floor of hall 1 (international flights)
- Left Luggage: Safe Bag offers a baggage deposit service. It is reserved for passengers holding a ticket air flights from Marseille Provence Airport. Cost : 15€ TTC per baggagefor 24 hours, after 10 € per day. Baggage deposit service is opened 7 days 7 : from 05:00 to 20:00.
- Lost Luggage: If you have arrived at your destination but your luggage has not fared quite so well, you should contact your airline directly.
- Animals: Check with your airline before you book. Sometimes animals weighing less than 5kg and carried in a bag can be brought into the cabin, providing you have prior authorisation from the airline. Any animals weighing over 5kg must transported in the hold, in a secure cage that can be bought from the airline. This must be arranged in advance of the flight and will be charged at the same rate as excess baggage. Any questions regarding vaccinations and quarantine should be directed to the Service Vétérinaire Frontière.