Museums and archaeological sites all over France organise special events, from workshops to talks and even mock excavations for children.
Last year, 155,000 people in 514 different towns took part in the activities, promoted by the Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives.
Click on the web link to learn more about what your local museum is doing.
More Cannes Insights...
- What's On in Cannes September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Cannes birthday
- What's on in Cannes August 2019
- What's on in Cannes July 2019