Celebrated every two years, this festival showcases mainly contemporary dancing, inviting not only internationally renowned companies but also new and promising talents. Since 2009, it offers free rein to a big name in the dancing world to create their own personal programme.
Created in 1984, the Cannes Dance Festival is another expression of the city's close relationship with the dancing world, especially after the opening in 1961 of the 'Centre de Danse Rosella Hightower'. For the 2019 editions, the artistic direction has been left in the hands of Brigitte Lefévre, director of the Paris Opera Ballet until 2014.
For a full programme and to purchase tickets, please check the website. Most of the shows take place at the Palais des Festivals.
- Boulevard de la Croisette
More Cannes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Cannes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!