The Mimosa Festival is a large popular celebration organised in February every year. The festivities last for a week and its main attractions are floral floats during weekends.
The mimosa flower which was imported from Australia at the end of the 19th century flourished in the gardens of the British aristocrats on the French Riviera. It enjoyed the mild climates of the South of France and it is now celebrated as part of the local culture and economy in the Cannes region.
The event attracts thousands of enthusiastic spectators who come to admire the floats and catch sprigs of mimosa that are thrown from them.
Dates for this event
More Cannes Insights...
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeCannes.com
- Cannes in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Cannes
- What's On in Cannes September 2019