Trip Advisor has revealed its users' preferred destinations in the world and the city of Cannes has come among the top 10 in France, at number eight.
The epitome of glamour, Cannes has been the playground of the rich and famous for the last couple of centuries. This is thanks to its wonderful beaches – some of the best in the Cote d'Azur, as well as its bright Mediterranean sunshine, gorgeous Belle-Epoque architecture, top-class museums, luxury boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
According to Trip Advisor, Cannes has been chosen because of its chic and fashionable vibe, home to dozens of glitzy galas, regattas and, of course, the world-famous film festival. Among the recommended activities are people-watching at the iconic La Croisette waterfront promenade and drinking a cocktail in one of the city's exclusive beach clubs.
- Kylie's glamorous Cannes birthday
- What's on in Cannes August 2019
- What's on in Cannes July 2019
- Coolest bathing spots in Cannes summer 2019
- Cannes Cinema Museum to open in 2024
- Fete de la Musique 2019 in Cannes