The French government has announced that they'll very likely reopen their borders to international travellers on June 15th 2020. Easyjet has jumped at the opportunity and announced that they'll be resuming their connection between London Gatwick and Nice airport on that same day.
There will be three flights per week linking the UK's capital and the French Riviera with daily flights probably resuming on July 1st. Strict safety measures will be put in place, including the regular and thorough disinfection of aircraft, requiring passengers and crew to wear masks as well as making hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes available on board.
Other airlines have also revealed their plans to resume flights to Nice airport, including Swiss which will start flying to the Cote d'Azur from Geneva on June 15th, Lufthansa which will fly from Germany to Nice in June and Air France, whose flights to the French Riviera didn't shut down during the lockdown.
More Cannes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Cannes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeCannes.com