Jasmine is one of the key raw materials for Grasse's famous perfume industry, and a festival to celebrate this fragrant flower is held in August.
This festival marks the beginning of the jasmine harvest in the South of France. Parades and fireworks, flower stalls and dancing all form part of this festival as does the 'battle of the Flowers' and the search for 'Miss Jasmine'.
More Cannes Insights...
- What's On in Cannes September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Cannes birthday
- What's on in Cannes August 2019
- What's on in Cannes July 2019