Jasmine is one of the key raw materials for Grasse's famous perfume industry, and a festival to celebrate this fragrant flower is held in August.
This festival marks the beginning of the jasmine harvest in the South of France. Parades and fireworks, flower stalls and dancing all form part of this festival as does the 'battle of the Flowers' and the search for 'Miss Jasmine'.
More Cannes Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeCannes.com