More than 11,000 runners set off from the iconic Promenade des Anglais in Nice on Sunday under a cloudy sky. The first to cross the finish line in Cannes was the Ethiopian athlete Abrah Milaw who broke the race's record with a time of two hours, seven minutes and 25 seconds.
Milaw arrived just before the Kenyans Nickson Kurgat (2:10:41) and Bernard Too (2:11:55). The previous Marathon des Alpes-Maritimes record was established by Lukas Kanda in 2011 at two hours, eight minutes and 40 seconds so Milaw broke it by 45 seconds.
Nurit Shimels, also from Ethiopia, was the female winner at two hours, 31 minutes and 54 seconds. Congratulations to all the runners!
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Cannes birthday
- What's on in Cannes August 2019
- What's on in Cannes July 2019
- Coolest bathing spots in Cannes summer 2019
- Cannes Cinema Museum to open in 2024