La Malmaison used to be a part of the original 19th century 'grand dame' hotel - the Grand Hotel - which was demolished and then rebuilt in 1963.
Originally built in 1863 by the architects Vianey and Blondel, the Malmaison wing is the only remaining part of the hotel and was turned into a gallery in 1945.
It has since gone from strength to strength, regularly exhibiting paintings by Matisse, Picasso, Miro and Cesar. Three major exhibitions of contemporary art & photography are shown every year.
- 47 boulevard de la Croisette
More Cannes Insights...
- What's On in Cannes September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France
- Harry & Meghan holiday in the South of France
- Kylie's glamorous Cannes birthday
- What's on in Cannes August 2019
- What's on in Cannes July 2019