Built by painter Jean-Gabrial Domergue in 1929 it was originally named Villa Fiesole. The style of the villa is highly influenced by the Italian Renaissance style and a Tuscan villa that the painter had seen near Florence.
His wife, Odette Maudrange-Domergue, a sculptor designed the Mediterranean terraced gardens, ponds and waterfalls. The antique busts and art objects were collected during the many trips the couple made together. They resided in the villa from 1932.
After the death of her husband in 1962, Odette remained in the villa and then bequeathed the property to the city of Cannes in 1973.
Open from July to late September, daily from 11:00 until 19:00.
There are many art, culture and music events on at the villa throughout the summer months.