Discover, in the heart of the old village of Mougins, how the beauty of the ancient world has influenced neoclassical, modern and contemporary art.
The museum's large and diverse collection of antiquities includes Roman, Greek and Egyptian sculpture, vases, coins and jewellery and also the world's largest private collection of ancient arms and armour.
These ancient artefacts are cleverly combined with a hundred classically inspired paintings, drawings, and sculptures by artists such as Picasso, Matisse, Chagall, Dufy, Cézanne, Rodin, Dali, Andy Warhol, Marc Quinn, Antony Gormley, and Damien Hirst.
Christian Levett, a British investment manager with a passion for ancient art founded the museum in 2008, when he decided to display his collection in Mougins, where he has a family home.
- Families & Kids
- Children welcome
- Free parking
- Disabled access
- Private hire
- Children's Activities
- Museums / Galleries
- 32 rue Commandeur
More Cannes Insights...
- Happy New Year from Cannes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeCannes.com
- Cannes in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Cannes
- What's On in Cannes September 2019
- Beckhams see summer off in South of France