The beach has shallow waters curving along two sandy coves - the smaller cove being Plage du Square Verdun, and this has a nautical centre where you can rent paddleboats and small sailing boats.
Happily, Bijou Beach is a Handiplage beach, meaning there is ramp access and assistance available for wheelchair users. There are also disabled toilets.
Dogs: Dogs are forbidden on Cannes beaches between mid-April and 30th September. However, on cloudy or windy days you’ll still see locals out walking their pampered pooches on the beach. Just use your discretion- and always pick up after your dogs! As of the 1st of October, the beaches are free for happy dogs again.
Conclusion: Plage du Bijou is a lovely little spot. With soft sand, a gorgeous view, shallow waters, plenty of parking and good facilities, this has our vote for the best public beach in Cannes.
- Paid Parking
- Pedestrian access
More Cannes Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeCannes.com