The gorgeous island of Saint Marguerite is the largest of the islands off the coast of Cannes. Regular ferries run from Cannes and only take around 15 minutes, yet this small island of quiet pine forest and pretty coves feels far separated from the glitzy boutiques and hotels of Cannes.
Covered with pine and eucalyptus forest and edged with beautiful coves, this is an island to enjoy nature. The waters are crystal clear, with stunning views back to the Riviera coastline. There are only about 20 houses on the island in a small village near the ferry dock; the rest of the island is covered in forest, with an old fort and museum where you can explore the island's Roman and Crusader history, as well as its final days as a notorious French prison and soldier's hospital. The are a couple of restaurants for refreshments, and daily ferries provide access.
More Cannes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Cannes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!