Mougins covers a large swathe of hillside above Cannes, and is where the smart money lives. Close enough to enjoy Cannes, but away from the craziness, luxurious villas and exquisite gardens dot the landscape.
The old town (Veille ville) is where you should head on a day trip. Park up and wander into the medieval village. The town is smothered in jasmine, it's fragrance heady on balmy summer nights. Mougins is totally pedestrianised and is a joy to explore with fountains and sculptures adorning the streets and the plentiful art exhibitions are guaranteed to keep the casual browser enthralled. You can happily wander through the pretty little lanes, and admire the well kept houses and gardens before choosing one of the many restaurants for a long leisurely lunch. Remember to book ahead in the summer months to ensure a table on the terraces.
More Cannes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Cannes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Cannes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Cannes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Cannes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Cannes!